Subject: [Leica] The Business of Photography
From: chris at chriscrawfordphoto.com (Christopher Crawford)
Date: Wed, 26 May 2021 03:09:20 -0400

Utter bullshit. When you work for free, the client NEVER respects you. EVER.
And word spreads that you're stupid enough to work for free. I've seen it
happen so many times to young photographers who don't know any better. None
of them are still working; eventually you figure out that you cannot live on
'exposure' and since you've ruined any chance of anyone paying you, you go
get a job at Walmart.

The guy writing that article is a person who directly benefits from
downgrading the ability of photographers to earn a living. My son is a
software engineer for a local web app developer. He also does commercial
illustration work for aerospace companies. The illustrations were something
he began doing as a hobby in high school and by the time he was in college,
he was getting companies asking him to do illustrations for them. I advised
him to NEVER work for free for the reasons I outlined above. He was smart
and took my advice. Some of those who tried to get him to work for free came
crawling back with money in their hands. Today, he is making more money
doing illustrations than he makes as a software developer.

--
Chris Crawford
Fine Art Photography

260-437-8990

https://chriscrawfordphoto.com  My portfolio

https://crawfordphotoschool.com Learn From Me

?On 5/26/21, 2:48 AM, "LUG on behalf of Jayanand Govindaraj via LUG"
<lug-bounces+chris=chriscrawfordphoto.com at leica-users.org on behalf of
lug at leica-users.org> wrote:

    Points to ponder:

https://us2.campaign-archive.com/?u=723c78a9002295fc70c363285&id=d808ef88ff