Subject: [Leica] A flower
From: sonc.hegr at gmail.com (Sonny Carter)
Date: Sun, 23 May 2021 09:21:03 -0500

My 70-200 is the f4, and I chose it because for what I do, portability is
more important than the extra speed.  Also, of course, it is considerably
less expensive, and I found an immaculate used example. I'm not sure that
400 mm would add many arrows to my quiver.

I'm shooting it with the A7r3, and see no point in going further at this
time.  I back it up with the new compact A7c, which is a nice home to my
smaller primes, and makes the shooting experience very much like a Leica.

I almost always keep the ISO on automatic as both cameras process low but
adequate light much like the high-speed Fuji films of yore, yet way less
noise/grain.
I'm also processing with a touch of Topaz Sharpen and Photoshop Camera Raw,
even though I largely shoot straight jpegs.

Most gratifying with these cameras is the easy rendering of reds and
purples, common in flowers and almost impossible with most other sensors.

It has come to a search each week for a nice specimen in good light.  I
just know the camera/lens is gonna do the job.

Regards,

Sonny
http://sonc.com <http://sonc.com/look/>
Natchitoches, Louisiana