Subject: [Leica] Leica mystery
From: imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry)
Date: Tue, 4 May 2021 16:38:27 +0100

Yes, it is the very planned decisive moment with probably Willi
Baumeister (or his twin) carrying a painting. You wonder were any of the
other people in the picture prompted to place themselves exactly where
they are? It's expanding art with artifice. No one can tell us now as
the little girl walking uphill past the bar with? her mother must be
tipping 100 years old now - if she has survived. My mother would have
been four at the time and is now in a nursing home.

Anyway, without his new Leica, the influence of Atget on a very
collaborative art scene in Paris, this photo would not have happened.

Douglas