Subject: [Leica] Friday Follies
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2021 05:49:18 -0500

Greetings to all.  This week will be a bit of mixed media.  We start near
the major city park on a bit of retaining wall that fits in a gap in the
native limestone cliff.  I was impressed by the artists ability to get
paint up that high:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/don_dory_gmail_com/Austin+Signs/handbell.jpg.html

This is the next building north, I guess that this far from the ocean
someone wishes they were at the beach:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/don_dory_gmail_com/Austin+Signs/surfs+up.jpg.html

Moving across Lady Bird Lake to the area around the main city library we
find a nice bit of art:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/don_dory_gmail_com/Austin+Signs/Seaholm.jpg.html

Nosing around under a bridge spanning a creek running by the library I
found this bit of art on the bridge support beams.  It is a little crude
but I found the clouds fun in a very shaded place:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/don_dory_gmail_com/Austin+Signs/clouds+under+the+bridge.jpg.html

Turning south a bit we find some fairly old commercial art on a rooftop.  I
pass this business all the time but just noticed this older sign:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/don_dory_gmail_com/Austin+Signs/Happy+Trails.jpg.html

Walking still further south we find this bit of neon art promoting another
immigrant from California.  If you are into podcasts Joe Rogan has
interviewed an amazing number of people from all walks of life.  I would
recommend starting with Eric Weinstein:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/don_dory_gmail_com/Austin+Signs/Joe+Rogan.jpg.html

All the best.

--