Subject: [Leica] Nathan's PAD 31/3/2021: the Great Belt Bridge
From: photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2021 08:26:05 +0200

I flew to Copenhagen on Wednesday afternoon, my first trip anywhere since
November. I am spending 4 days in Denmark, the first 2 in Aarhus and the
last 2 in Copenhagen. So on landing in Copenhagen, I picked up my rental car
(the trains were more or less sold out due to Easter) and drove the 300 km
to Aarhus. Along the way, I passed the magnificent Great Belt Bridge,
connecting the islands of Sj?lland (where Copenhagen is located) with Funen
(with Odense, the birthplace of H.C. Andersen, as the main town). Opened in
1998, it is an engineering marvel, consisting of a 1.6 km long suspension
bridge to allow ships to pass, a tunnel for the trains, and a low bridge the
rest of the way for both trains and cars. The total length of the connection
is 18 km. I was approaching the bridge as the sun was was setting, so I left
the motorway briefly and drove down to the old ferry harbour which is now
just a recration area:
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-Xg6Trqj/A

To get a closer view of the bridge, I mounted the Leica 90mm Tele-Elmarit on
my Fuji:
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-DVCFGmP/A

Then I got back in my car and drove on to Aarhus.

Later today, I will pass the same bridge on the way to Copenhagen, but the
views are not nearly as nice from the other side.

Cheers,
Nathan

Nathan Wajsman

Alicante, Spain
<http://nathansmusings.wordpress.com/>

YNWA

"I?m not arguing, I?m just explaining why I?m right"

Replies: Reply from don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory) ([Leica] Nathan's PAD 31/3/2021: the Great Belt Bridge)
Reply from jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols) ([Leica] Nathan's PAD 31/3/2021: the Great Belt Bridge)
Reply from pdzwig at summaventures.com (Peter Dzwig) ([Leica] Nathan's PAD 31/3/2021: the Great Belt Bridge)
Reply from cartersxrd at gmail.com (RicCarter) ([Leica] Nathan's PAD 31/3/2021: the Great Belt Bridge)