Subject: [Leica] A Christmas walk (medium format)
From: lluisripollphotography at gmail.com (Lluis Ripoll)
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2021 00:40:31 +0100

They look very well in this high contrast situation.

Today in the darkroom I have experimented how different response do you have
from chemical vs scanner, it was a picture with some dark shadows areas that
scanned they look perfect with detail in the shadows but not on the wet
copy, on this case dodging was not the solution because you can get better
detail but the blacks look washed out, maybe the best way would be to use
the Farmer Reductor, I?ve never used it but I?ve read it is not easy to
manage, the other alternative I think it was the exposure, I think that if I
gave maybe +1/2 stop it would be better and as you say reducing a little the
developing time, you say you use X-Tol that it is a very good developer and
in my opinion it increases a little bit the sensibility of the film. If you
can test these negatives in the darkroom it will be a good experience to
know at which rating work best the Fomapan 400. A good thing we have already
commented is I really like the tones and that the grain is not noticeable.
Excellent job Daniel, I?m wondering test as well the Fomapan 400, it is
cheap! some friends here has recommend me to rate it at 200.

Best!
Lluis