Subject: [Leica] Birds week 6
From: jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj)
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2021 09:07:02 +0530

Good to see that everything is generally fine.

We face these power problems pretty much on a yearly basis because of
hurricanes. All of us have inverters/generators that can see us through a
minimum of 48 hours of a power cut. No air conditioning, but pretty much
everything else, including cable/DTH TV and the Internet would work. Our
cooking is on LPG cylinders, so that is not an issue. The electricity
actually gets shut off by the operators during the peak of the hurricanes
for 12-18 hours so that no untoward deaths take place because stuff like
trees falling on power lines and causing them to snap is certain! Of
course, our houses are made of concrete, so they withstand nature's fury
reasonably well.

Cheers
Jayanand