Subject: [Leica] Friday Follies
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2021 04:05:42 -0600

Greetings to all.  We start with the last of the retaining wall murals.
This first one needs to be seen large to read the script:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/don_dory_gmail_com/Austin+Signs/may+we+pause.jpg.html

This second one should also be seen larger to see the detail that the
artist put into this statement piece:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/don_dory_gmail_com/Austin+Signs/rainbow+maze.jpg.html

Now we move to a restaurant row near a large well used park 2km from my
home.  This is on the back side of a restaurant:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/don_dory_gmail_com/Austin+Signs/Purple+rose+in+TX.jpg.html

On the back of a dog day care center:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/don_dory_gmail_com/Austin+Signs/Valentines+super+dog.jpg.html

Every city has patron "saints".  One of Austin's is Stevie Ray Vaughn:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/don_dory_gmail_com/Austin+Signs/SRV+with+turquoise.jpg.html

This last image for today is a bit of local humor.  In the center of Texas
are four large cities that compromise maybe 60% of the population, Houston,
DFW, San Antonio, and Austin forming a rough triangle.  Houston was always
considered the blue collar city with the oil industry, Dallas was the
banking, finance, and transport hub, San Antonio was a military town and
Austin is the state capital and home of a very large public university that
probably has the largest endowment of any university in the world(land
grant school whose land is a large chunk of the Permian Basin).  So, just
an old display of city competition:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/don_dory_gmail_com/Austin+Signs/Live+in+Dallas.jpg.html

All the best.

--