Subject: [Leica] 7Artisans and TTArtisan lenses compared to some German versions
From: jshulman at judgecrater.com (Jim Shulman)
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2020 20:15:35 -0500

I've had dental surgery that was less expensive than a Noctilux.  Ted
Grant once told me that during a recession sometime in the 80s he was
offered an f1 Noctilux for $1000 but turned it down.  He rued that
decision.

A pro I know uses 7Artisans lenses and raves about them--his pictures
certainly make the case.

Recently I took the plunge and purchased one of the Chinese 8-element
Summicron 35 replicas, slated to be delivered around February, pending
continued existence of the planet and USPS, though not necessarily in that
order.  From sample pictures I've seen it's damn close to the original,
with a smidge more contrast (perhaps due to coating deterioration on the
originals, since Leitz coating of that period was hardly ideal.)

Jim Shulman