Subject: [Leica] OT: NWS Instruments
From: john at mcmaster.co.uk (John McMaster)
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2020 20:50:06 +0000

Have you seen the prices?   They started in early 2019 with a derided
Hasselblad V mount which would not cover the 56mm x 56mm format.
https://www.getdpi.com/forum/index.php?threads/nws-23mm-110mm-apo-lenses-in-hasselblad-v-mount.65411/
The next 'Super' versions look like they will cost twice as much but cover a
larger sensor/6x6 film......

They are aiming at 35mm format or smaller which has a huge range of lenses
available.  Even on the Fuji GFX there is a native 23mm or the Canon 24mm
T/S works fine.  And again they have a 110mm f2.0 or a 120mm macro at far
lower cost.   It is 1mm wider than the 24mm on the Leica S series and there
is a native 120mm APO macro (most of my photos are taken with one).

Their MTF starts at 40LP/mm, the lower ones are probably fine - but if the
5LP/mm are similar you will not get good results.  The 23mm does not look
that impressive with its MTF and distortion.......  To be honest, if you are
looking for that level of performance why are you on smaller sensor camera?

They will be bulky and heavy (+1kg) for a smaller camera.

Basically, there is not much of a market for them.....

john

?On 12/11/2020, 08:40, "LUG on behalf of Philippe via LUG"
<lug-bounces+john=mcmaster.co.uk at leica-users.org on behalf of lug at
leica-users.org> wrote:

    Judging from the sample images they posted I find it VERY tempting.
Thanks.

    Amities

    Philippe

https://www.nws-instruments.ch/team.cfm where Steven Lee (ex-Leica) is CEO.