Subject: [Leica] M9 LCD screen cover fell off!
From: peter.cheyne at gmail.com (Peter Cheyne)
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2020 20:37:07 +0900

Hi LUGgers,

Four years ago, Leica Japan replaced my M9 sensor under the
sensor-corrosion program. Since then, it's only been lightly used, and
always put away in a dry cabinet maintained at 40 degrees relative
humidity. However, today the LCD screen cover fell off during my kids'
football match. Don't know exactly when it fell off, and I couldn't find it
on the muddy ground. Might this have fallen off as an eventual consequence
of the sensor replacement?

Anyway, I've asked Leica Japan about this and if they could replace the
screen cover. I don't think there's a high chance that they will replace
it, but if they have previously experienced this problem after a sensor
replacement, then they just might fix it gratis.

If not, any advice on getting a new cover without the exorbitant Leica
price tag?

All best,

Peter