Subject: [Leica] Monday Misc.
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2020 11:40:11 -0500

There are very few masks now while outside in Central Texas.   Cases are up
but mortality is very low.   Restaurants are being held at 50% but bars are
closed unless over 50% revenue from food.   Houston appears to be the major
hit spot: the ICU rate at MD Anderson is over 98%.  The caveat is only 28%
of ICU is covid.   I suspect the real story is that a lot of people took
advantage of the opening to take care of serious but not life threatening
illnesses and are recovering in the ICU.

Plus,  Houston had more than 600000 people in the streets for George
Floyd's funeral two weeks ago with many of those people among the most
vulnerable.