Subject: [Leica] Juneteenth
From: photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Sat, 27 Jun 2020 08:52:17 +0200

Nice photos of a terrible place.

On a related note, I highly recommend a visit to Liverpool?s slavery museum.
It opened in 2007 (the 200th anniversary of the Slave Trade Act which ended
UK involvement in the traffic) and is a must for any visitor to Liverpool. I
went there in November 2014 as part of my pilgrimage to Anfield, home of
Liverpool FC. The exhibits are fantastic (and chilling).

https://www.liverpoolmuseums.org.uk/international-slavery-museum
<https://www.liverpoolmuseums.org.uk/international-slavery-museum>

Liverpool was one of the major centres of the triangular trans-Atlantic
slave trade. Ships would sail from there to west Africa with goods, pick up
the slaves there, sail them across the Atlantic, then return to Liverpool
with products from the New World. Repeat.

Cheers,
Nathan

Nathan Wajsman

Alicante, Spain
<http://nathansmusings.wordpress.com/>

YNWA

"I?m not arguing, I?m just explaining why I?m right"