Subject: [Leica] Some work on the house
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2020 10:03:45 -0500

Not virtue signaling but encouraging.   We converted to solar last year
when the US taxpayers subsidized the expense by 30%.  No electric utility
bill.  It's taken me a full year to downplay parental tapes about turning
off the lights or suffering from high temperatures in the summer.

Also,  with the subsidy we have enough output to keep even a Tesla long
range fully charged.   For us that means I can travel to Houston or Dallas
without costing more than tire and brake wear.   In these uncertain
financial times it takes two monthly expenses out of the equation.

So,  if you don't have trees or excessive obscured sunlight going solar
makes a lot of sense.   My calculations considered a 3% rate of return
optimistic so taking savings for solar was a better return.