Subject: [Leica] The Way We Were
From: RPALMIER at depaul.edu (Palmieri, Bob)
Date: Sun, 17 May 2020 23:44:16 +0000

Folks -

Bob Palmieri here - think I was somewhat active on the LUG maybe a quarter
century ago.

It occurred to me that I still seem to be doing things pretty much the same
way I did then - shooting film in Leicas through 50mm spherical lenses,
f?instance. Examples of this sort of thing from the last few weeks here:

https://bobpalmieri.zenfolio.com/p109708142

However, the main reason I was thinking along these lines is that it?s
Migration Time here in the Midwest, so I set out with my trusty 400 6.3
Telyt (with 1.4 Nikon converter and Sony APS-C body hanging off the back
plus shoulder brace) to hunt warblers. Here are some samples from a couple
of hits:

https://bobpalmieri.zenfolio.com/p31911442

https://bobpalmieri.zenfolio.com/p832251956

Actually, this rig - the Telyt, converter, brace & stabilized crop camera is
really light (an adapted guitar strap has been a nice tweak) and fun to
schlepp around on full or half day excursions. Heckuva lot better than my
800mm full frame Nikon expedition rig with pod?

Do pardon the intrusion if these specifics have been way on the radar in
recent years; haven?t ducked in for a very long time

I?d say that for those of you who might have such a thing lying around
gathering dust (and are looking for a good excuse to get outta the house for
the day under the current circumstances) consider this modern adaptation as
a good incentive to step out into the wild.

Bob Palmieri

Replies: Reply from don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory) ([Leica] The Way We Were)
Reply from telyt at earthlink.net (Doug Herr) ([Leica] The Way We Were)
Reply from cartersxrd at gmail.com (RicCarter) ([Leica] The Way We Were)