Subject: [Leica] Whereas I found this article terrifying
From: jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj)
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2020 20:08:29 +0530

It pays to be sensible, like taking a self enforced quarantine, which I
have largely been on for the last week, except for a couple of trips to
stock up on provisions. We hear that Chennai will be on lockdown till March
31st (the whole country was on lockdown from 7am to 9pm today, mainly, I
would guess, as a dress rehearsal, and to sensitize people on the issues),
which is fine with me, and I think this pandemic will have a healing effect
on society by reducing the polarization caused by religion and politics,
worldwide. These are actions we have to take to tackle the COVID 19
outbreak, and even that has its positives. That, however, does not mean we
get terrified and panic, on the basis of research, which is just a modern
system of prophesying. I know, pretty much, in all societies that those who
can afford Leicas will largely go through unscathed, and those who cannot
dream of owning one will pay the price. Unfortunately, and totally
unfairly, that is the rule of survival of the fittest in this time and age.

Cheers
Jayanand