Subject: [Leica] Is the 28/35/50 Tri Elmar a retrofocus design?
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2020 10:34:14 -0500

Probably no symmetrical, non retrofocus glass made by Leica since the M6 in
1984 had a meter in the camera working through the lens making for a sensor
path which was in the way of the classic  Schneider 21mm f3.4 Super-Angulon
lens for years the wide angle to beat and it didn?t seem likely it was going
to be beat by a retrofocus design which were always looked upon as garbage
until a very few years ago when they got a new PR agent named Bernie.
Classic Symmetrical wide angle glass protruces way into the camera and often
hardly pokes out the front much at all. They are often very tiny in total
size a small fraction of the modern retrofocus being used on cameras now
which look like 90mm lenses some of them.

--

Mark William Rabiner
Photographer

?On 2/17/20, 10:18 AM, "LUG on behalf of Don Dory via LUG"
<lug-bounces+mark=rabinergroup.com at leica-users.org on behalf of lug at
leica-users.org> wrote:

    I have the second version 28/50/35 and it retro focus.  It does just fine
    on a A7R xx.

    --
    Don
    don.dory at gmail.com