Subject: [Leica] IMG: Thee daily Struggle
From: gerry.walden at icloud.com (Gerry Walden)
Date: Sun, 5 Jan 2020 05:41:04 +0000

Thanks Jim. My wife and I were in the city of Bath when I saw a secondhand
M3 2 stroke in a window. I was drooling over it and she said ?Oh, for Gods
sake just buy the bloody thing, you have wanted one for long enough?. I went
in to the shop and agreed to buy the camera but (of course) had no lens. The
guy must have taken pity on me (or maybe my wife) and suddenly produced a
old Summicron at an incredibly low price and almost threw it in to the deal
- and I was off.
Leicas did not command such high prices in those days, and that camera did
me for a couple of years. I traded it in for a M6 after a while and, as they
say, the rest is history.

Gerry

Gerry Walden
023 8046 3076