Subject: [Leica] IMG: Abstract
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sat, 28 Sep 2019 06:06:28 -0400

 A lot of people who normally hate flash use it for macro for a lot of
reasons.
I love this blur shot I think it's an effective image but I did click on the
arrow to see the next sharp one find out more what I was looking at with a
clear shot of a gorgeous big moth.
Had the motion shot been slightly etched in with a flash on top of all that
nice motion blur I'd not have needed to do that.
I've gone through periods when I'd never took the flash off the camera.
Ended up getting lots of those blur shots with the etched in flash.. not
always on purpose...
Now they have front curtain sync on many cameras so the blur follows the
subject instead of preceding it just like the comix I read as a kid,
Superman and Green Lantern aint got
Nothing on me.

--

Mark William Rabiner
Photographer

?On 9/26/19, 2:20 PM, "LUG on behalf of Jim Nichols"
<lug-bounces+mark=rabinergroup.com at leica-users.org on behalf of jhnichols
at lighttube.net> wrote:

    Thanks, Philippe.

    Jim Nichols
    Tullahoma, TN USA

    On 9/26/2019 12:53 PM, Philippe via LUG wrote:
    > Like it a lot Jim.
    >
    > Next step is (don?t tell uncle Ted) using flash along with a slow
shudder (Mark) speed ;-)

    > Amities
    >
    > Philippe
    >

    >> Le 26 sept. 2019 ? 19:14, Jim Nichols <jhnichols at lighttube.net> a
?crit :

    >> I wanted a close-up shot of this Long Tail Skipper, but it had other
ideas.  Combination of Takumar 135 plus close-up element and slow shutter
speed (1/100 at f/8),  along with an uncooperative subject, resulted in this
"Abstract by Butterfly".

http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/20190926-P9260341.JPG.html