Subject: [Leica] [IMG] PESO - Following Lluis
From: pdzwig at summaventures.com (Peter Dzwig)
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2016 18:24:47 +0100

LUGgers,

About two weeks ago I had to travel to Brussels for a week. This was about
the
time that Lluis was having his MM repaired and was using film. So I decided
follow suit and took my M3 and of course film.

Workflow:

Unlike the great man I don't soup my own, so I sent my rolls of XP2 plus and
HP5
to Ilford for them to do the messy bit and scan them to High Res TIFs. I
can't
say that I am impressed with what I got. The negs are OK, but the TIFFs came
back as greyscale and not of the greatest quality. In order to use them with
NEP
I had to convert them to RGB/8. Having made most adjustments with NEPI then
finished them off in PSE.

What follows are the results. Some I am pleased with, some less so. They are
all
taken in St. Catherine, which is an old but rather touristy area away from
the
tourist areas,  full of young people and a few good restaurants and a large
pool
around which everyone gathers.

All are M3 with 5cm Summaron hand held. Most of these are XP2 @ 400ASA at
speeds
of about 1/60th to 1/15th hand held.

A bar:

<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/PeterDzwig/PESO2011/BarStCatherine-1.jpg.html>

A couple having a drink by the pool:

<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/PeterDzwig/PESO2011/CouplePoolStCatherine-1.jpg.html>

A dark side street nearby:

<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/PeterDzwig/PESO2011/DarkStreetStCatherine-1.jpg.html>

One of the old churches in the area: Yes I know it looks a bit like it's
tilting
back, but I really like the lighting here and decided to leave it as it is
;-) :

<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/PeterDzwig/PESO2011/BruusselsChurch-1.jpg.html>

More to post later.

It was a really interesting and valuable lesson in how to take pictures
simply

Your comments and constructive criticisms are as always welcome,

Thanks for taking the time to look.

Peter Dzwig

Replies: Reply from imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry) ([Leica] [IMG] PESO - Following Lluis)
Reply from jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols) ([Leica] [IMG] PESO - Following Lluis)