Subject: [Leica] Shoot less
From: cummer at netvigator.com (H&ECummer)
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2015 06:43:47 +0800

Hi Luggers,
For my bird pictures I shoot a lot of frames. One can do that at 11 fps in
order to get the right placement of wings and the sharp focus of birds in
flight.
Example last week at the Hong Kong Aviary I shot about 1400 frames in less
than two hours which works out to about two frames every second. In my
initial edit, I threw out Out of Focus shots, Bad Background shots,
aesthetically displeasing wing placements and then out of the 500 or so
shots left selected 6 which I posted on the LUG. So I am certainly not in
the shoot less camp if you have the special subject and the proper equipment
that lets you assemble a lot of varied raw picture inventory. I can see that
that is what Tina and Ted have done throughout their careers and it seems
right for me for what I do - sometimes. One final comment - I think it is
nice if we try to be nice to each other.
Howard (still cleaning up his Spammed computer in Hot Humid Hong Kong)