Subject: [Leica] Leica S getting a $5K discount
From: hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Sun, 9 Mar 2014 13:42:00 +1000

Paul I have no insight into their business models nor balance sheets, but I
understand that they have reportedly increased their share of the miniscule
medium format market. Whether that means more profit or loss I couldn't say
;-) Perhaps there are developments we haven't heard about yet regarding
Sinar??
I can say, having shot the camera side by side with my M that the resolved
detail and dynamic range are markedly better than with that already
excellent system, as you would expect.
Peter Karbe has also said that the lenses are their best ever and that they
will outresolve their next generation (30x45) sensor too. The 70 I used
certainly was remarkable.
I think the distraction from moving another line forward would be more
mourned by the R folks though ;-)

Cheers
Geoff
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman