Subject: [Leica] IMGs: Yosemite Fini
From: red735i at verizon.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2013 22:14:34 -0700

I remember an article that talked about the Billboard in Grand Central
Station in NYC.  The billboard was inside, in the train station.  75 feet
wide, it was pretty spectacular.  They picked images to show there from
amateurs and pros alike.  Every week/month, there was a new image there.

The particular one I remember was one of bunch of birds taking off from a
lake (?).  Everyone up and fly away....  Caught by an amateur and his
Nikon/Canon/Contax/Leica/Pentax/Minolta/Miranda camera.  A 35mm Negative
blown up to an enormous amount.

The article went on to state that the negative was sharp enough to pull off
the stunt... remember, the wall was 75 feet wide, and the closest you could
get to it was like 30-40 feet ( straight up).  That's a 600:1 linear
magnification... or .... roughly a half million to one area magnification.

Don't need to have remarkable file sizes to pull it off..... just a good
sharp negative, some great printers, and enough distance from the viewer.....

Frank Filippone
Red735i at verizon.net

Yes, the PhaseOne files are huge. Worthy of billboard sized prints...
Thanks again,
Bob

Replies: Reply from hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson) ([Leica] IMGs: Yosemite Fini)
Reply from jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj) ([Leica] IMGs: Yosemite Fini)