Subject: [Leica] Larger sensors OT
From: scottgregory at mac.com (Scott Gregory)
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2013 10:45:14 -0500

I've noticed more and more architectural, commercial and fine art
photographers similar to Bob Adler, going with these digital backs.
Don't hear much about the S2 in this group of shooters.
I read this quote which kind if sums it up I guess:

"Stephen Wilkes is a leading American photographer, widely recognized for
his fine art and commercial works which have been featured in publications
such as Vanity Fair, Sports Illustrated, Time, Life Magazine, and The New
York Times Magazine.

To satisfy his need for full control in his work, Stephen mounts his 80 MP
Leaf Aptus-II 12 on a large format camera. "Nobody wants the photographic
narrative in their work to be determined by technical limitations. I want to
capture all the highlights, shadows and colors the way they look in the
natural light, the way I see them. Working with my Leaf enables me to
capture what I see, exactly the way I see it. The Leaf delivers extremely
accurate colors, nothing is lost in the digitization process, meaning that I
don't have make any compromises."

But the cost! Wow!

Scott

Replies: Reply from steve.barbour at gmail.com (Steve Barbour) ([Leica] Larger sensors OT)