Subject: [Leica] Sigma DP1 Merrill
From: billcpearce at cox.net (Bill Pearce)
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2013 13:14:14 -0600

Nothings stopping Sigma from doing a Foevon full frame if
its a better way of making a sensor.

Not exactly true. What?s really stopping them is that that level of sensor
development is beyond the financial resources of a smaller company like
Sigma.  I'm not sure we will ever see a FF Sigma/Foveon. Unless of course if
someone buys Sigma for the sensor, which I don't see as likely.

Other problems in include the lack of "sophisticated " buyers that want FF
cameras spending FF money on something that tis made by Sigma and will take
only Sigma lenses. Also, the average FF buyer is not likely to like the lack
of raw support.

Good luck.

Bill Pearce

Replies: Reply from frank.dernie at btinternet.com (FRANK DERNIE) ([Leica] Sigma DP1 Merrill)