Subject: [Leica] OT: Nikon comparison... D800E and D600
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2013 22:37:35 -0500

An immediate knee jerk stick in my craw is the cramming of a load of pixels
into an 24x36mm area, really a wise thing to do? Would that not make for
some smallish pixel sites not all that suited to a full frames from 0 dark
thirty to high noon shooting?
As you say in the dark the d4 is said to shine over the d800.
And its dark out right now.
And its dark in here most of the time I try to not have too many lights on
the electricity bill can get high.
If I was going to shoot my coffee cup to my left with my Luke warm tea in it
I'd want the D4 over the D800. That's what I'm looking at right now other
than the words on my monitor here.

I'm real fond of street shooting at night both captures action and stopping
down its like I've died and gone to heaven  as it was a big deal for me too
shoot at 800 or 1600 with film and now its several stops above that.
Several.

The D4 could shoot loupe de loupes around my D700 which I am used to.
The D800 in some ways not so much other than rez.
That fact that its said to be a slower to use camera than a d700
specifically stops me in my tracks.

When I shoot with a DSLR camera I use it fast. I don't just stand there.

--
Mark William Rabiner
Photography