Subject: [Leica] IMG: Waiting for Bob Adler
From: rgacpa at gmail.com (Robert Adler)
Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2012 23:13:47 -0700

Thanks for thinking of me Richard.

Actually, I think I have photographed that bench and there is a very
interesting story behind it.
Here is the stitched image I took of it (from the opposite direction of
yours and when the bench was brand new) on March 25th, 2012:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/rgacpa_HI/20120325-HighBenchByxbeePano.jpg.html

As you can see, with the full left and right shift there is some pretty
severe vignetting bottom left and right as the sensor moved out of the
image circle. You can also see two other very important things:
1. In the sky, on the left, there is a greenish color in the clouds. This
is a rainbow beginning to form. You can see under the clouds in the center
that there is virga: rain from the cloud that evaporates before it hits the
ground. It is headed toward the left side of the image. With the sun behind
me this is perfect rainbow making atmosphere.
2. At the bottom of the hill is another bench.

I couldn't find an angle for this bench that would work and get the forming
rainbow, so I ran down the hill (actually forget and left my umbrella at
the top at this bench), set up and got this shot from the bench at the
bottom of the hill.:
http://www.rgaphoto.com/benches/content/View_for_Irene_large.html

I think the title pretty much tells the rest of the story and why I think
the Great Spirit lead me there.

And I think your angle on the bench is terrific; I'll just have to
hopefully go back there when the skies cooperate!
Best,
Bob