Subject: [Leica] Eggleston
From: jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj)
Date: Sun, 8 Apr 2012 08:29:58 +0530

Phil,
I was aware of your Eggleston connection - you have posted about it before.
In my view, In my view, if a photographer has committed to a limited
edition, he should stick to it, whatever the temptation later. If he
kowtows to the dealer demand and the manipulation of prices in the
secondary market to inflate the prices for his next "Limited Edition", at a
time when he needed the money, he should have the ethical ethos to stand by
it. Otherwise have open editions, period. It is no wonder that Eggleston
had a catalogue in his hand and was smiling throughout....he had engineered
a double whammy, and discovered an endless cash cow.

The problem with photographs is that even death does not stop supply as is
the case in other non-reproducible forms of art.

Cheers
Jayanand