Subject: [Leica] Adobe Special Pricing
From: john at mcmaster.co.nz (John McMaster)
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2012 23:12:50 +0000

We had this come up a few weeks back and I think you were on your own then
in saying PS was essential and LR wasn't.

> For two decades now Photoshop has been the basic tool for anyone doing
> anything in digital photography.

Until LR was realeased and matured?

> Any photographer I ever knew we'd meet for lunch the first topic which came
> up was what the latest things we've been doing in Photoshop. Easier and
> better ways to do things with our pix.

I have legit copies of PS5.5 extended and LR3, but most of my stuff it is
untouched straight as it came out of the camera. I have been using PS a lot
more recently as scanning in film and that is what I was used to for
manipulation, I think everything (cropping, levels, contrast, spotting)
could have been done in LR.

> My advice would be to sell a few bodies and lenses you don't really need
> and
> be a big boy and buy a real copy of the new Photoshop CS5.
> A thing any kid would do if they had the money.

Same could be said about getting an M9 ;-)

john

Message from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] Adobe Special Pricing)