Subject: [Leica] Casual tripod?
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2011 16:37:41 -0500

I got a simple tilt head for my Manfrotto Bogan monopod which has the same
brand name and cost like nine bucks. Its like a hinge. And is all you need
for a monopod. You don't need a ball head which I've seen a lot of. But you
need something on the top of that stick.
A monopod as far as I can see is all about keeping the weight off you and on
to the ground so you're not tiring yourself out its less about how much more
sharpness you'd get from steadiness. I you want steadiness than obviously a
tripod does not give you and extra stop or two you can leave your shutter
open all night giving you stars making circles around the sky.
Tripods and monopods don't being in the same conversation.
A monopod is not a causal tripod any more than an elephant is a large
kangaroo.
--
Mark R.
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/lugalrabs/onthisAutumnday/