Subject: [Leica] Nikon V1/J1 System
From: jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj)
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2011 08:00:26 +0530

I would think that rebate is to counteract all the bitching and
moaning that occured when the camera was announced. Of course, as is
usual, nobody had seen or used one at that time - which makes it an
entirely normal photographer's reaction! (-:

They are not available in India through the grey market (i.e.
smuggled) channels yet, which generally means that the offtake matches
production, which, of course, could be low right now. This seems
competition for micro 4/3 rather than the Sony Nex 7, which is pretty
big in size. It is very tempting as a back up body for Nikon users
like me who shoot wildlife - it is ultra fast, and my 70-200 becomes a
540mm f2.8 at the long end at 10mp while retaining autofocus and auto
exposure. Pretty good.

Here are a couple more reviews referenced on a Nikon list. A lot of
pros on the d1scussion list for pro Nikon users are buying the Nikon
V1 as a carry around kit:

Steve Huff: Review:
http://www.stevehuffphoto.com/2011/11/14/the-nikon-v1-camera-review-the-camera-i-expected-to-hate/
Samples: