Subject: [Leica] IMGs: Miyazaki Shrine Festival
From: geordiepete211 at yahoo.co.uk (Peter Cheyne)
Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2011 10:00:43 +0900

Thanks for the comments, Guys!

Michiel, thanks for looking!

Philippe, the WB was left at the Auto setting and I didn't need to
tweak much, if at all, on most shots.

Richard, I like the old guy close ups too.  Those and the kids
climbing out the shrine are the stand-outs for me.
My daughter and I both enjoy Tonari no Tottoro, and Mononoke Hime.
The gear:  Canon 5DII with an old Pentax 50 1.2.  It needs a hood.

Lluis, yes, the appeal of symbolic shrine festivals and energetic
taiko performance is rather catholic, with a small 'C'.

Bharani,  thanks.  Good point about indigenous cultures bringing out
joy.

All the best,

Peter