Subject: [Leica] Leica ownership
From: red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2011 17:13:48 -0700

To be honest, if the M8 did not accept Leica lenses, I would have the
opinion that it was an expensive P+S with interchangeable lenses.

It really does not have that solid mechanical feel ( think M6 or M3) ...
which is not surprising as it is pretty electronic, and little ( of
practical use) mechanical properties.

The VF, even though it is both small and under magnified, still gives that
Leica look and feel...

But the rest... leaves me lacking.....

I don't think ", this is a marvelous... etc..."  applies in my thinking....

Back to the first part of my first sentence.....

Frank Filippone
Red735i at earthlink.net

I wonder if people still have that wonderment of "gee, this is a marvelous
piece of engineering" when they are using their M9 or M8.