Subject: [Leica] What are the most important aspects of a photographic image ?
From: imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser)
Date: Sun, 02 Jan 2011 20:16:10 -0600

The answers and priorities would probably differ with genre.

> Access to subject
may be priority 1 for wildlife, celebrity, news, documentary etc.
photographers.
> Light
may be priority 1 for portrait, fashion, still life, etc. photographers
> Composition
should be a high priority for any one working in a visual medium
> The magic, decisive, perfect moment
certainly ranks very high for many genres as the camera takes a unique slice
of time.
> Concept
may be priority 1 for illustrative, editorial, or art photographers

Choose the proper equipment, techniques, use of deep or shallow focus, post
production et al, to enhance the impact and/or message. I believe, in the
end, they all come into play EQUALLY.

Beautiful and/or powerful photographs appear from: strong concepts, subjects
in fine light, fine compositions, shutters released at optimal moments, all
brought together with an ability (or staff) to complete the effort through
fine printing techniques.

Regards,
George
(from iPad)