Subject: [Leica] R8/9+DMR vs. M8/8.2
From: richard at imagecraft.com (Richard Man)
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2010 19:54:26 -0800

Not being an R user, I note with amusement that there are some fairly
hardcore DMR users on this list. Whereas the lowly M8/M8.2 get kicked in the
teeth regularly by some (well, by one... and I know, there are M8 lovers but
bear with me..)

So is it because
- there is no other viable options for R users (discounting FrankenNikonR or
FrankenCanonR..)
- subjectively, the R sensor IS better than the M8's despite same resolution
and multiplication factor

I can see the latter being a major factor. I know tons of people will say
"that purple thang never bothers no one," but I wonder how the M8 would have
been received if it did not have that IR issue.

--
// richard <http://www.imagecraft.com/>
replies in your msgs. ]

Replies: Reply from Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie) ([Leica] R8/9+DMR vs. M8/8.2)