Subject: [Leica] Camera for Old Foggies
From: jshul at comcast.net (Jim Shulman)
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2010 18:01:05 -0400

And they're correct!  Digital photography does pass along work to the
consumer (learning the menus of a camera, computer connections and digital
print-making) that was previously handled by lab.  Costs per picture may be
lower than with film (especially if the customer shoots a lot of photos),
but there is an additional cost in training and inconvenience.

After 122 years, we're back to "You Press the Button, We Do the Rest".
Consider this camera is only $10, compared with the first Kodak of 1888 at
$25.

Years ago, someone told me that when you're young, you buy things.  When you
grow old, you buy services.  Guess this falls into the area of services.

Jim Shulman
Wynnewood, PA
Who's going off to develop a roll of Efke recently shot in a 1925 Leica A.