Subject: [Leica] TSA publishes poster depicting photographers as terrorists
From: leicaslacker at gmail.com (kyle cassidy on the LUG)
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2010 16:11:00 -0400

It just seems like a desperate grasp for a simple solution to a complex
problem. I don't think the 9/11 hijackers needed to photograph the WTC to
perpetrate their act, nor Timothy McVey, but you feel helpless thinking
there's nothing you can do -- but if you invent something that you _CAN_
stop, create your own meter, you feel less helpless. Why would a terrorist
take a photo on a subway? There's no reason I can think of, but if you can
say "we stopped 324 suspicious people on the subway this year" it looks like
you're doing something. And people who look like they're doing something get
re-elected. It's hard to find terrorists, it's easy to find people with
cameras.