Subject: [Leica] Really Right Stuff M9 Base Plate and L Plate
From: hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2010 10:02:20 +1000

For anyone interested, I had pre-ordered and received the Really Right Stuff
baseplate and L bracket for my M9. As the fit on my camera was more snug
than I preferred, I returned it under the voluntary recall arrangements.
Today I received (in Australia) my replacement set. The fit is perfection on
my camera with no discernible play when mounted and prior to locking. At the
same time there is no difficulty at all in fitting nor removing the assembly
from my camera. In contrast my original M9 baseplate and my older M8 base
plate/grip have larger clearances and easily detectable lateral play on my
camera before the lock is engaged. Using a vernier caliper I measured all of
the items, including the returned first RRS base plate. Those measurements
confirmed what I can easily feel when fitting the assembly to my M9.
I recommend the M9 version for any M9 or M8 owner. The sizing, although
larger than the M8 only version is still smaller than the original Leica
items for that camera too. That is to say it fits better with less play.
Obviously if there is an M9 in your future you won't need to replace the
plate when you change your camera.

Cheers
Geoff
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman