Subject: [Leica] M Lenses, GF-1 and Video
From: drodgers at casefarms.com (David Rodgers)
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2010 16:26:56 -0400

I recently discovered the GF-1's rather impressive video capabilities.
Lately I've been shooting more video than stills.

I'm mainly using Leica M lenses. My favorite so far is the 35/1.4
Summilux Asph. The Noctilux might even be better, once I get the hang of
using it.  It's possible to get some amazing effects merely by pulling
focus correctly (which isn't easy but I'm learning). Plus I can maintain
a decent shutter speed and still get high quality video even in low
light. I only wish that the Noct would zoom :-).

I think for video I even prefer to use the VC 28/3.5 Color Skopar over
the 20/1.7 Panasonic. Manual focus seems to have some advantages in
video. Although fast lenses are nice, too.

Just curious if anyone else finds themselves dabbling in video with the
technologies that are built into digital cameras now?

Dave R

No Leica content here, but just an example of the GF-1's video
capability
http://vimeo.com/12577029