Subject: [Leica] Image Samples [was Re: Shiny Screen iMac CalibrationQuestion]
From: r.s.taylor at comcast.net (Richard Taylor)
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2010 11:02:27 -0400

Mark - It's an interesting question and I don't know the answer.  The new
monitors are said to have deeper blacks and higher dynamic range.  My
experience seems to be the opposite of yours in that I can increase whites
without loss of detail and many of my older shots really benefit when I do
that.

I haven't gotten enough comments back yet to reach any conclusion about how
others are seeing them.  Thanks to those of you who have responded so far,
BTW.

Does the exposure and tonal range of the shots I posted look OK to you?
That would at least confirm our mutual calibration.

Regards,

Dick

Replies: Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] Image Samples [was Re: Shiny Screen iMac CalibrationQuestion])