Subject: [Leica] Solms
From: hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2010 12:26:56 +1000

Leo it depends on how long you want to stay and whether you have transport.
Neither place is a large metropolis.
If you plan a stay in the area to see a variety of things and also include
an excursion to Solms then maybe Frankfurt is a better starting point. For a
factory or customer service visit you will likely see everything in maybe an
hour at the factory say. Without a car you have to do some train/bus and a
little hike to find the (temporary) factory.
Wetzlar is historic of course and the new Leitz park is growing there but
Customer Service and the factory are both at Solms.
If you have firm trip details I recommend you check with the Solms folks
beforehand to see if you can get a tour. Local holidays vary etc.
I notice that there is some remodelling going on for April. Here's the
contact info
http://en.leica-camera.com/service/leica_plant_germany/
If you are interested in booking some work or looking to buy spares/whatever
then talk to the nice Customer Service folks. It is a different location.
I'll send you some info off list as well.

Cheers
Geoff
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman