Subject: [Leica] Franken Sony/Leica
From: hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2010 14:38:45 +1000

Not hardly Frank! Relatively easy to squeeze the guts of a compact P&S into
the shell of a screw thread Leica I guess. Whether you SHOULD is another
story ;-)
Not the same as fitting an M lens mount on there though.
I thought it was a fun gadget and ingenious idea well executed. But its just
cosmetics without gaining anything over the original Sony P&S. So you get a
$268 camera for only $2000 plus the Leica, parts and labour. Bound to start
a good conversation when next you meet another Leica shooter though!

For Larry, an X1 is already smaller than an LTM Leica body and the fixed
prime lens is a beauty. It does cost about the same as this FrankenSony.
Cheers
Geoff
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman