Subject: [Leica] IMG: Barcelona Chair
From: lrzeitlin at gmail.com (Lawrence Zeitlin)
Date: Sat, 9 Jan 2010 15:43:41 -0500

H. Ball Arch writes:

I got curious about the chairs and found this:

"According to Mies, the furniture designed and fabricated especially for the
pavilion, the Barcelona chairs and stools, went unused during the opening
ceremony. "To tell you the truth," he remarked, "nobody ever used them."

But everybody sure has since - is there anybody here who hasn't sat on, or
at least admired, a Barcelona Chair in an airport or office building almost
anywhere in the world?

Barcelona chairs are still around. My wife has had one in her studio for
about 25 years. It is comfortable but is getting harder and harder to get
out of the more I age.

Larry Z

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Larry+Z/Barcelona+Chair.JPG.html

Replies: Reply from lluisripollquerol at gmail.com (Lluis Ripoll Querol) ([Leica] IMG: Barcelona Chair)