Subject: [Leica] R 250 Telyt for my Nikon D700?
From: drodgers at casefarms.com (David Rodgers)
Date: Wed, 9 Dec 2009 12:12:17 -0500

Doug,

Oh, the things we learn. When I bought my 300 Nikkor ED AIS IF I could
have bought a non-IF in same condition for less money. The good news, I
suppose, is that I'm not a good enough photographer in that arena that
I'd notice the difference :-) I have a 1.4 converted as well.

I haven't yet tried the 300 + converter on the D700. I'm just too busy
using Leica lenses. I probably use the 50/2 Summicron 90 percent of the
time on the D700 these days. Ironically, the last 50/2 I had -- back
when I had an R system -- flared a lot and I didn't like it. The one I
bought to convert to F mount isn't at all prone to flare. I still
haven't figured that one out, and likely never will.

Perhaps with the former 50 I just experienced a lot of "bad flare days".

Dave R