Subject: [Leica] IMGs: portraits of power
From: images at comporium.net (Tina Manley)
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 13:57:15 -0500

At 01:53 PM 11/30/2009, you wrote:

>Hi George,
>When I first opened the site I thought I had clicked into the wrong
>location? I was expecting "Portraits of Power" the likes of KARSH!
>These, sorry to say, these all look like "Passport photos" by
>comparison given the title, "Portraits of Power."

My thought was - the subjects said "Make me look good" and the
photographer did his best to do the opposite!!  Those are absolutely
the most unflattering photos I've ever seen.  Most seem to be made
with a very wide angle lens, exagerrating the noses and making the
faces look very round.  The post processing is also awful with way
too much contrast and detail enhancement with fringing around the
head.  Most of the heads were cut off.  They certainly don't look
powerful or good.

Tina

Tina Manley
www.tinamanley.com