Subject: [Leica] M9 reviewers drawn from the "unwashed masses" JPEG &RAW????
From: jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols)
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 11:33:11 -0600

Ted,

This is an answer from another Jim.  My photo sessions usually consist of 10
to 20 exposures, so storage space is no concern. Likewise, battery drain is
not a problem. I shoot RAW+Jpeg because my photo software, Elements 6.0,
when handling Olympus RAW files, does not provide thumbnail images.  I use
the Jpeg images as a proof sheet, selecting the images that are worthy of a
final edit.  I then open each of those RAW images and process them.

While this is great for my shooting habits, I can see that I might drop the
Jpeg images from my setup if I were to get involved in lengthy photo shoots.
Since I am only a year behind you in age, I don't see extended shoots in my
future.

I hope this helps.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA