Subject: [Leica] Peso: It's that time of year? /now Nikon D700
From: steve.barbour at gmail.com (Steve Barbour)
Date: Thu, 3 Sep 2009 08:57:49 -0700

On Sep 3, 2009, at 8:24 AM, David Rodgers wrote:

> Douglas wrote:
>
>>> I'm tempted to move to a D700 for my everyday digital as I could
>>> still
> use
> my existing Nikon glass, but would like some second opinions on
> that. I
> find
> I'm not using my F5 that I bought the glasss for much at all, but use
> the
> D200 instead... a D700 appears to be the obvious current interim full
> frame option that would cover general photography. What do people
> think?<<
>
> The D700 is a great camera; perhaps more than an interim solution,
> especially at over $2K. (When I think "interim" I think P&S costing
> less
> than $200).
>
> I bought a D700 with the thought that it's the last camera I'm gong to
> buy for a long time. I could be wrong but I really don't see anything
> with appreciably better overall performance that doesn't cost and arm
> and a leg coming onto the market any time soon.

those are my feelings too, as well as many others...

some of whom use the D3, and are impressed by it and the D700...

Steve

Replies: Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] Peso: It's that time of year? /now Nikon D700)
Reply from rhart76 at gmail.com (Roger Hart) ([Leica] Peso: It's that time of year? /now Nikon D700)