Subject: [Leica] VictorBlad
From: mingthein at gmail.com (Thein Onn Ming)
Date: Fri, 29 May 2009 06:52:58 +0800

I think it was the 16 MP CFV with 80/2.8, but my memory is a bit hazy
as it was a couple of years ago. Available light, hand held except
for one of the few outdoor tripod bench tests I kept. Apologies in
advance for the lack of artistic merit in the 'blad shots.

D3x also available light and hand held, but with much more light. I
admit now I didn't get 100% out of the back, but the impression I got
was that it's a lot harder to get 100% out of the CFV than the D3x,
and the D3x was just better overall. EXIF data should be intact, but
ignore the info for the CFV; the camera doesn't communicate shutter/
aperture to the back properly. Also it was probably the most
unreliable combination I've ever used (more battery out resets
required than even early-FW M8s; the reason I don't have any more
images is because the back bricked itself and we had to finish the
shoot with D200s.)

It's taking ages to upload because even the quality 12 jpegs are
massive. I'll send a separate email.