Subject: [Leica] M8 battery
From: vick.ko at sympatico.ca (vick.ko at sympatico.ca)
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2009 13:43:16 +0000

Pros for non-Leica:

- dirt cheap

- some actually work fine

Cons:

- some didn't register with the body's battery meter (i.e. showed "dead" but
was actually working)

- be sure to check the "mah" milli-amp.hour rating, and the precise voltage.
 Make sure it matches Leica's specs.

- you will feel like you washed $100 down the drain, if you wash a Leica
battery in the laundry like I did.  Worked fine after except it wouldn't
register on the M8 meter, just like my off-brand battery.

...Vick