Subject: [Leica] Leica in white
From: jshul at comcast.net (Jim Shulman)
Date: Wed, 8 Apr 2009 10:01:23 -0400

Many years ago I worked for a specialty tool company.  The owner of the
company came up with the brilliant idea that, since men vastly outnumbered
women in our client base, we needed to find something that would appeal to
the distaff customer.

So he suggested a pink tool kit.  Not just any tool kit, but one with very
high quality, superbly built tools.  The handles, body casings, and carrying
case were all pink.

And thus they were offered for sale.  And thus they didn't sell.

I still have my kit, purchased for a buck.  Great buy--fifteen years later
the tools are still wonderful, and the screws, nails, et al in my house are
fortunately color-blind.

Jim Shulman
Wynnewood, PA

Who remembers the 1957 Lionel Girls' Train set--all in pink.  Another
turkey, now a hot collectable.